Skip to content
Swimming and Pool Trivia to Share with Friends
- An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. It burns off more calories than walking or biking.
- Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs.
- Swimming works out all of the body’s major muscles.
- Swimming Exercises
- Swimming helps reduce stress.
- Water’s buoyancy make swimming the ideal exercise for physical therapy and rehabilitation or for anyone seeking a low-impact exercise.
- Swimming is a great cardiovascular exercise because you are moving against the water’s resistance, which is over ten times that of the air.